Sunday, February 19, 2012

Paulo's Big Day Out


the boat got wet. its been over a year. the wet suit still fit, the trap harness still fit.......

I waltzed into the royal and ancient Geelong yachting club and asked if there was a crew available... 10 minutes later a strapping young lad 6'13" tall 85 odd kgs asks if I’m looking for a crew... time to go sailing.

10knots building to 18knots in stingray bay (same bit of water as the interdoms a few years back) so flat flat water. building but patchy sea breeze from the southeast.

2nd rig was in. it felt quick, it went quick, three laps hot dog course with a gate to windward. dodging contenders, lasers, tasers, 29ers, 420's and about 1397 international cadets.

two races, one arse load of uncoordination, one capsize, two bullets, one fastest time on handicap, one missing from results.

as per usual the best kite ride was the one after the finish- sailed up past the top mark, up goes the kite gust plus gust plus gust plus flat water spooky silent fast where the only sound is a hisssssss, finished when we got to the wharves.

two days later my fingers still hurt, my arms still hurt, my sit bones still hurt my thighs still hut, and my smiling muscles hurt from grinning so much.

more next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment